All entered products are evaluated by expert judges in the food and drink industry. Every product entered has the opportunity to be awarded a Gold, Silver or Bronze medal. Top scoring products will have the chance to win best in category to be announced at our awards event on the 14th October.
Your products will be judged and scored based on the following rigorous 10-point criteria:
- Appearance – Does the product look appealing? How does the packaging look?
- Taste & Aroma – Does it have a pleasant smell? How is the taste/ flavour of the product?
- Texture/ Mouthfeel – Does the product have the right mouth feel?
- Ingredient list– What is the ingredient breakdown of the product?
- Value for money – Is the rrp of the product reasonable and appropriate given its target audience?
- Targeting & Insight – How effective and insightful is the product in delivering for the needs of its target audience?
- Innovation (Product or/and packaging) – Is the product innovation in its category or the market as whole? Does the product feature any new packaging developments?
- Packaging design & functionality – Is it fit for purpose?
- On-Pack product information - Are the instructions on pack correct, useful and appealing for the shopper?
- Quality of Execution –How effective is the product as an overall proposition?
Judging will be held on 27th-28th July 2022, adhering to the government and public health guidelines at the time.